Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients here. Most of them are inexpensive and may already be lurking in your store cupboard at home. We’ve recommended marinating the pork for 30 minutes but if you can prepare a little more in advance and marinate for longer, you’ll be rewarded with a stronger flavour.
www.richardhowlett.goherbalife.com is the location to start your health journey, this is the worlds super food. Every product will improve your health so take a look and order what suits you best, this is an example of that all important third meal of the day..
- 500g trimmed pork fillet
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (or Worcestershire sauce)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 stick lemongrass, trimmed (see Rachel Recommends) and finely sliced
- 2 mild red chillis, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 6 handfuls of salad leaves including some crunch like Cos leaves
- A large handful of mint, basil and coriander leaves
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, deseeded and sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 50g salted peanuts, chopped roughly
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ASIAN DRESSING:
- 2 small birds eye chillis (red or green), finely sliced
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cut the pork fillet into 1cm slices. Place in a bowl and toss with the five-spice powder, the fish sauce, the soy, the lemongrass, the chillis, the garlic, the chopped shallots and the brown sugar. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile make the Asian dressing. Mix together the sliced chillis, the garlic and the caster sugar with the fish sauce, lime juice, the vinegar and the olive oil. Stir well or place in a jar with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
Put a large frying pan or wok on the heat and allow to get hot. Drain the pork but reserve the marinade for later. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the sunflower oil into the pan and once hot, arrange the drained pork in the base of the pan in a single layer (you might need to cook it in 2 batches).
Cook on either side for a couple of minutes till cooked and golden on the outside. Pour the reserved marinade into all the pork in the pan and cook uncovered, still over a high heat, until the marinade reduces to a thick sticky sauce.
While the pork is cooking, in a large bowl toss the salad leaves (torn if large) with the herbs and the sliced cucumber. Dress with some of the dressing and tip out onto a wide serving plate or shallow bowl.
Place the pork with all the sauce over the top, tossing gently, then scatter over the sliced spring onions and the peanuts and serve right away.
www.richardhowlett.goherbalife.com is the location to start your health journey, this is the worlds super food. Every product will improve your health so take a look and order what suits you best.